It doesn’t matter where you live in the country, if you are a homeowner; you want your lawn to look good. A great looking landscape adds to your property values and shows you appreciate the home you live in.
Finding a way to irrigate your lawn in a way that will conserve water and save you money can be a challenge. Anyone that loves to garden has to be able to create a landscape that can survive with little water usage. Here are a few ways to use your irrigation system and get the most out of it.
- Install rain and soil moisture sensors on irrigation systems. You can easily prevent overwatering of your lawn by installing sensors that will detect when it rains. Once rain is detected, the sensor will automatically halt regularly scheduled watering.
- Inspect sprinkler systems for leaks and make sure it is set properly. You should regularly check your sprinkler system to make sure there are no leaks and any leaks should be repaired quickly. Your system should be set to water in the early morning hours (to prevent water evaporation) and use pre-set programming.
- Turn off sprinkler systems if it is raining. Make sure you turn off your sprinkler while it is raining. There is no need to utilize additional water if it is not necessary.
- Hand watering is still the most common irrigation system. The easiest irrigation system is a hose or portable sprinkler because it prevents overwatering of your lawn. You should use a nozzle and water in intervals to allow the water to seep into the ground.
The most important part of irrigating your lawn is to make sure that your irrigation system is in good operating condition at all times. Always remember to check routinely for leaks and repair any leaks you find immediately. You can water by hand while you wait to have your irrigation system repaired.
Latest posts by Tim Caldwell (see all)
- Rain Harvest System Application Options (automatic vs. manual) - January 12, 2017
- Rain Harvest System Timing and Seasonality - January 12, 2017
- Rain Harvest System Installation Tips - January 12, 2017